Wednesday, October 27, 2010

~A Lesson On Obedience~

Our family has been going through a time "not knowing where we're supposed to be." We have been praying as a family and really seeking God for direction. Well yesterday morning, while I was having my quiet time with the Lord, I just sat there in silence and then prayed to God to give us a clear direction, where He want's us to go. So, I opened my Bible and I came to Jonah. I was really shocked by that. I thought to myself "What does Jonah have to do with anything?" So I read the chapter that I was opened to and it read: "And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. So Jonah rose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord." Jonah 3:1-3
This verse taught me that obeying the Lord is the most important thing, even if you don't want to go to certain places.
Then, I went to Proverbs, and a couple of verses stuck out to me there.
"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you." Proverbs 1:23.
"But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from all evil." Proverbs 1:33.
Again, these verses are on obedience and the blessings that follow when you obey the voice of the Lord. Then, I went to Deuteronomy, and found this passage:
"But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all the heart and with all thy soul. When thou art in tribulation, and all these things come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which He sware unto them. Deuteronomy 4:29-31.
So, after my quiet time, I was encouraged and had to share it with the family. Now, we are waiting on the Lord, ready to obey His voice when He tells us where He wants us to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment