Monday, August 2, 2010

Learning in Disappointments

Learning to take disappointments knowing that God has a plan is something I have recently learned. Just because the circumstance doesn’t seem good to you at the time, doesn’t mean it won’t work out for good.

We were on our way to a friend’s house that we haven’t seen in a while; when my Dad got a call from work reporting that there was a leak that needed his attention immediately. Earlier, before we left, there was a bat that he had to go and take care of (if you know what I mean; o). So, we were already behind schedule with that going on, and then having to turn around half way there was disappointing and frustrating. I didn’t handle it the way I should have. But, the Lord has taught me through this trial of what good can come of it. He has already showed me the purpose of this small trial. He has showed me what I need to work on. To not let the little things in life get I all “flustered.” To realize that “all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.”

I am so thankful that I have such loving and understanding parents who see me through when I am struggling and are always there to give me their wise council.

No comments:

Post a Comment