Sunday, July 8, 2012

A God of Details...

    There has been a lot on my mind as of late. :) But one of the things has been, how God is a God of details. When you read in His Word about the Israelites or the building of His tabernacle, you sometimes think, (or at least I do), "Why do I need to know all of this??" God is showing us that He is in all the details. He is so specific in how He does something. He isn't a God who just throws things together and hopes they come out the way He planned. No, He is a God, who from the beginning, orchestrates everything down to how a flower blooms, to how a baby is born, to how two people should meet. It amazes me when you step back to look at everything He has done, and just see all of the little things that show that God is in it.

   I have really seen that in my Courtship with Leighton. Who knew that he would contact me after being on Christian Mingle for only 10 minutes?! Who knew that he likes the same old trucks as I do? or says some of the same words I do that no one else in either of our families say? God is just so amazing in how He brings everything about. Nevada is the last place in the world that I thought I would meet my potential future husband! My whole Courtship has gone completely different than what I had in mind. But, God's way is always better. I wouldn't be happy if things went the way I planned them.  It just gives you an unspeakable peace when you are in His will and know that all of this is because of Him.

   I recently read Genesis 24, which is the story of Isaac and Rebekah. I encourage you to read it and see all the prayers that were answered and the smallest of details fulfilled. It is truly amazing. :)

   Another thing that has been on my mind is, relying on God for everything. It is easy to rely on God in the big desicions in our lives. We know that it is too much for us to handle on our own. But, when it comes down to the small details of our everyday life, we sometimes forget to look to Him for guidence, thinking we can handle this because it is small. Sometimes I think "This is so minor, God doesn't want to hear about this", so I don't take it to Him in prayer. But He does want to hear from us, about everything. He is a God that cares for us and wants to know every detail of our lives! (Not that He doesn't know already, but it is important to bring it to Him in prayer.)

   Well, I pray that this post has encouraged you all in some way. I hope to be posting some pictures from when Leighton comes to visit. It's only 12 more days. :) God's blessings to you all.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, God honoring post, Kaitlyn. God is so evident in every detail of your courtship with Leighton. It has been an amazing thing to watch Him write your love story. Daddy and I could have never chosen such a perfect (future) husband for you. You deserve the best and we feel God has blessed you with just that!! We love you sweetie!

    ~Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kaitlyn,
    Thought I'd comment on your post. :) God is truly a God of details as I have seen in many things in my life but the biggest way I have seen His Hand in anything is with our Courtship. I was blown away and continue to be by God in seeing His amazing work while and even before we met in everything from big things to the little things of every day life. I thank and praise God for you everyday, every time I think of you. It is so amazing to see what God has done and SO look forward in what He has planned! I'd have to say too that I didn't think my potential future wife would be in Minnesota, but God can do anything and I'm so glad for that! :) Miss you and can't wait to see you and your family, :)

    ~Leighton

    ReplyDelete