Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Godly Character

Titus 2:3-5 and Proverbs 31:10-31 are places where we, as young women can search for the character traits that we should have so that someday, Lord willing, we will be the wife to a godly husband. Recently, as I have been studying in Proverbs and Titus, I have come across some verses that have stood out to me. Proverbs 31:11-12 says "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." I have had to ask myself "Am I keeping my heart for the one God is preparing for me?" "Am I faithfully preparing to be his wife, and mother to his children?" "Am I working on the things God has brought to my attention?"

As young Christian women, we can easily start day dreaming about the future. I have had trouble with that myself. When you go to a wedding, you can’t help but wonder about who you will someday, Lord willing, marry. It is not bad to think about these things, but we must guard our hearts so that when we are saying our wedding vows, we have a whole and blameless heart to offer to the one God has intended.

If I am not daily in His Word, searching the scriptures and praying for His help and guidance, I find myself easily drifting. I have found that when I am always checking my thought’s, asking myself "Is this doing my future husband good?" I am then, more guarded in the way I conduct myself. I do struggle with this, but pouring my heart out to God in prayer and diligently seeking His will for my life, has made it easier. I pray with my parents all the time on this matter. They have been a great blessing in helping me overcome this. So I encourage you, to search the scriptures, pray daily, and seek your parent’s council. I have been richly blessed in doing so.

2 comments:

  1. Your post is quite convicting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful posts Kaitlyn. I am so proud of the godly young lady you are becoming. Keep up the great writing. Let the Lord speak through you to reach many! I love you......Mom

    ReplyDelete