Wednesday, July 21, 2010

While Waiting....

Thinking about getting married is a good thing. But letting it consume your thoughts is not God glorifying. God’s Word says in 2 Corinthians 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”

If we are to be first and foremost, daughters of the Great High King, we must put into practice this verse. It has been a great struggle for me to put this verse into practice. If I keep my mind on what God wants me to do, right know as I am waiting, He will bless me with the strength I need to do His Will for my life.

I have found that serving my father in every way I can, has helped me tremendously. By making his favorite desserts, making sure he has ice tea when he comes home from a long day a work, having a cheerful attitude to make his time at home a true blessings, doing things he has asked me to do for him throughout the day so he can enjoy his time at home… I could go on and on about all the things we, as Christian daughters can do to help our father’s and in so doing, are doing what God wants us to do. We are also preparing ourselves for marriage. When I take my eyes off of me, I find it much easier to do God’s Will. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such Godly and caring parents who come beside me and help me when I am struggling with something.

I encourage all of you Christian young women, to search the scriptures and really read them for what they are worth. Don't read them so that they go along with what you are thinking. Really read them for what God is trying to teach you through His Word. Pray before you read His Word, and ask God to reveal to you what He wants to teach you. Have a teachable heart, not one hardened by the world’s views. I pray you are encouraged by this post.

1 comment: