Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Milestone

This is where I am in my life right know, the cross roads. A big 'milestone' is here. Graduating from Homeschooling. Then, there comes the question that everyone asks you, "So, what are you going to do now?" I used to answer, "I'm JUST going to stay home." Then I thought, "I'm not JUST staying home. There's a lot that I'm doing." I am answering my calling by following GOD's Word of what young women are to do. I am prepareing to be a wife and a mother, the greatest calling a woman has. I'm serving the Lord any way I can through my family and community. Since I don't believe women should work out of the home, I also work in our family business. We raise and breed yellow Labrador Retrievers. I am also writing a book about living a more agrarian life. So, now my answer is "I am staying home and serving the Lord any way I can and am preparing to be a wife and a mother."

As I have reached this milestone in my life, I have realized a lot of things. My relationship with my dear Lord and Savior has deepend to a new level. My beliefs and convitions have become my own. The Lord is always so faithful to bring certain things into your life just when you need them the most.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kaitlyn.

    With your interest in the country life, you may be interested in the interviews of various folks that Rick Saenz recorded, available here:

    http://www.cumberlandbooks.com/plaintalk.php

    Tom Scepaniak is the one I recall listening to. He describes his agrarian lifestyle in Holdingford, MN. We visited him once and he kindly gave us some cantelopes so we could plant the seeds.

    Sincerely,

    Todd Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is graduating this may. god bles you. See what a graduate does with her life by reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete