Friday, March 19, 2010

Early Morning Surprise!

Wednesday night our lab, Angel, was acting strange. My sister and I have been taking turns sleeping on the couch to keep an eye (and ear :o) ) on Angel. Well, at about 11:00 p.m. she started nesting on her blanket next to the couch. When I woke from her racket, I told her that she couldn't have her babies on her blanket, next to the couch! So, my dad and I brought the kiddie pool from the basement into the kitchen, so I could try to get some sleep, but still keep an eye on her. Well, she was nesting all night in her pool with shredded paper in it, so she wasn't all that quiet! I got about 2 hours of sleep. When I woke up about 7:00 the next morning, I went into the kitchen and sat next to the pool, reassuring her that I was there. At 9:45 a.m. she had her first puppy! ( My mom had informed her last night that she had to wait to deliver until after 8:00 a.m so she could get some sleep! She follows orders very well!) From start to finish she was in labor for about 4 1/2 hours and had 9 puppies!! 6 girls and 3 boys!!









Mom and puppies are doing great. Angel is a wonderful mom! Thank you LORD for everything going smoothly!

1 comment:

  1. What an obiedient dog you have!:)

    The puppies are cute, of course!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete